Seaside Guest Condo - If you're looking for accommodations for your beach trip, please check our 2 bedroom, 2 bath guest condo located at Sand Pebbles, a popular family-oriented oceanfront complex in Carolina Beach. Guests staying at our condo receive a 10% discount on baby equipment rentals with free delivery.
Things to Do in Wilmington with Kids In Tow
Here's our top list of family activities in the Wilmington area. Let us know your favorite places to go and we'll add them to out list!
1. The beach, of course! From Figure Eight Island to Bald Head Island, the Wilmington area is well known for its beautiful, clean and uncrowded beaches. For a family day trip, we recommend the beach access at Ft. Fisher for its easy accessibility and bath facilities.
2. Discover what lies beneath the ocean. The North Carolina Aquarium at Ft. Fisher is a definite favorite for kids and adults. www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher
3. Area Museums. The Children's Museum of Wilmington offers fun, hands-on activities for children, http://www.playwilmington.org/ Older kids will enjoy seeing exotic snakes and other reptiles at the Serpentarium, http://www.capefearserpentarium.com/. The whole family will enjoy learning about the Cape Fear region at the Cape Fear Museum, www.capefearmuseum.com, and the history of the railroads at the Wilmington Railroad Museum, http://www.wilmingtonrailroadmuseum.org/
4. Historic Downtown Wilmington. Stroll along the River Walk in historic downtown Wilmington. Visit the many quaint shops, stop for an outdoor dining experience along the river front, or grab a bite at The Trolley Stop, where you can still get an old fashioned hot dog with all the trimmings. A horse drawn carriage or trolley tour is a fun and relaxing way to view and learn about Wilmington's beautiful historic homes. Finally, a visit to downtown Wilmington isn't complete without a stop at Kilwin's Ice Cream shop. Just follow the scent of freshly baked waffle cones.
5. Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Ft. Fisher area. Outdoor movies, fireworks and other family-oriented activities are offered at Carolina Beach during the summer, as well as amusement rides at the Boardwalk. Paddle boats are available at the Carolina Beach Lake. Get back to nature when you take an adventure walk on the nature trails at Carolina Beach State Park. Can you find the venus fly traps?
6. The ferry from Ft. Fisher to Southport offers a unique view of the waterways and islands. The Ferry crew are very friendly and helpful in pointing out interesting sights along the way. You can even feed the seagulls from the back of the ferry.
7. Southport has a wonderful river front park to relax and watch the boats, as well as many historic homes and unique shops and restaurants.
8. A passenger ferry ride to visit Bald Head Island is well worth your time. The Old Baldy Lighthouse is a short walk from the ferry landing. You can also rent bicycles or golf carts to explore the island's unique and beautiful maritime forests, houses and beaches.
9. Wrightsville Beach is popular with tourists and locals. On your way to Wrightsville Beach, Redix is the perfect stop for beach gear, clothes or souveniers. Be sure to stop by Robert's to pick up some home-made sandwiches for the perfect beach picnic. There are charters available from Wrightsville Beach to take a day trip to Masonboro Island, an uninhabited island only accessible by boat.